This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 9 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Date of Last Revision: January 7, 2017
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") derives from the Fanoptic Terms, and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Fanoptic. By using or accessing the Fanoptic services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Fanoptic works.
Because Fanoptic provides a wide range of services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Fanoptic, and you can control how it is shared. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a nonexclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royaltyfree, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Fanoptic (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
4. When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Fanoptic, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Fanoptic, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Fanoptic safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Fanoptic safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Fanoptic.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Fanoptic, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multilevel marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Fanoptic.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a thirdparty application containing alcoholrelated, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate agebased restrictions.
9. You will not use Fanoptic to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
10. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Fanoptic, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Fanoptic functionality.
11. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
Fanoptic users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Fanoptic, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain.
5. You will not use Fanoptic if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Fanoptic if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and uptodate.
8. You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Fanoptic that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Fanoptic if we believe that it violates this statement or our policies.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Fanoptic.
8. You will not tag users or send email invitations to nonusers without their consent. Fanoptic offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Fanoptic within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Fanoptic.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Fanoptic
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download or use our software, such as a standalone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
1. We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our services.
2. If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this statement, we may provide notice.
3. Your continued use of the Fanoptic services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Fanoptic to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 35, 9.3, and 1418.
1. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Fanoptic exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida or a state court located in Orange County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of Florida will govern this statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Fanoptic, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Fanoptic and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Fanoptic. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Fanoptic. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Fanoptic.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP FANOPTIC UP, BUGFREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING FANOPTIC AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT FANOPTIC WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERRORFREE OR THAT FANOPTIC WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. FANOTPIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR FANOPTIC, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR FANOPTIC WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, FANOPTIC'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
12. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and nonusers who interact with Fanoptic outside the United States:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Fanoptic (such as advertising) or operate a platform application or website. You will not use Fanoptic if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
1. By "Fanoptic" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.fanoptic.com and any other Fanoptic branded or cobranded websites (including subdomains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our platform; (c) social plugins such as the like button, the share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Fanoptic reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
2. By "platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Fanoptic or provide data to us.
3. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and nonusers who interact with Fanoptic.
4. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Fanoptic services.
5. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Fanoptic or provide to Fanoptic through platform.
6. By "post" we mean post on Fanoptic or otherwise make available by using Fanoptic.
7. By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
8. By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
1. This statement is an agreement between you and J.F. Sports Holdings, LLC.
2. This statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Fanoptic, and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this statement to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Fanoptic.
These guidelines outline the general rules when using Fanoptic's brand assets and showcasing
Fanoptic content. Consistent use of these assets helps people easily recognize references to
Fanoptic and protect company trademarks.
Do keep enough space around Fanoptic brand assets to keep them clear and uncluttered
Do follow other Fanoptic terms.
Don’t assert rights over the Fanoptic brand whether by trademark registration, domain name
registration or anything else
Don’t modify Fanoptic brand assets in any way, such as by changing the design or color
Trademarks, names, domain names, logos or other content that imitates or could
be confused with Fanoptic.
Any icons, images or trademarks to represent Fanoptic other than what is found
on this resource center
Any combination of any part of the Fanoptic brand with your name, marks or
Don’t represent the Fanoptic brand in a way that:
Implies partnership, sponsorship or endorsement
Makes it the most distinctive or prominent feature of what you’re creating
Features Fanoptic on materials associated with pornography, illegal activities, or
other materials that violate the Fanoptic terms
Talking About Fanoptic
Sometimes you may need to refer to Fanoptic to discuss it, describe your presence on Fanoptic,
display your Fanoptic web address, indicate that your product is integrated with Fanoptic, or
describe your products or services as they relate to Fanoptic.
Do display the word “Fanoptic” in the same font size and style as the content surrounding it
Do capitalize the word “Fanoptic” except when it’s part of a web address
Don’t pluralize the Fanoptic trademark, use it as a verb or abbreviate it
Don’t use the Fanoptic logo in place of the word “Fanoptic”
Fanoptic doesn’t permit or license its trademarks, logos or other intellectual property for use on
merchandise or other products such as clothing, hats or mugs. In certain circumstances you can
use the “F” logo on product packaging, but you need to follow the guidelines of use
We’ve created these TV & Film guidelines to help you make your creative as engaging as
possible while maintaining our brand standards.
Do follow the general brand guidelines for using Fanoptic brand assets.
Do request permission before you use Fanoptic brand assets in TV or film by submitting a
Do get necessary permission to use:
Content posted to Fanoptic by others
Personally identifiable information such as names, usernames or profile photos
Any other third-party material
Do keep enough space around Fanoptic brand assets to keep them clear and uncluttered.
Do provide attribution to Fanoptic and to the person who created the content.
Don’t modify Fanoptic brand assets in any way, such as by changing the design or color.
Don’t use any icons, images or trademarks to represent Fanoptic other than what is found on this
Don’t present Fanoptic in a way that makes it the most distinctive or prominent feature of what
Don't use trademarks, names, domain names, logos or other content that imitates or could be
confused with Fanoptic.
Don't combine any part of the Fanoptic brand with your name, marks or generic terms.
Don't use the Fanoptic brand in a way that implies partnership, sponsorship or endorsement.
Don't display Fanoptic content with content from other social media sites together without clear
visual separation and differentiation
Don't delete, obscure or alter the identity of anyone on Fanoptic.
Don’t modify content from how it looks on Fanoptic by blurring, editing, redacting, annotating,
cropping or changing the aspect ratio.
Let's Start a Request
You must get permission before you use our brand assets in TV or film.
Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to
store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices.
Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated
with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all
of these technologies as “cookies.”
you are registered or logged in), or visit other websites and apps that use the Fanoptic services
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Fanoptic services, such as by personalizing
content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we
use may change from time to time as we improve and update Fanoptic, they generally fall into
the below categories of use:
easier for you to access the Fanotpic services and show you the appropriate experience and
Cookies also help us remember your browser so you do not have to keep logging into Fanoptic
and so you can more easily log into Fanoptic via third-party apps and websites.
Security, site and product integrity
For example: Cookies can help us identify and impose additional security measures when
someone may be attempting to access a Fanoptic account without authorization, for instance, by
recover your account in the event you’ve forgotten your password or to require additional
authentication if you tell us your account has been hacked.
to provide the Fanoptic services.
For example: Cookies help us fight spam and phishing attacks by enabling us to identify
to detect computers infected with malware and to take steps to prevent them from causing further
harm. Cookies also help us prevent underage people from registering for Fanoptic accounts.
Advertising, insights and measurement
interested in the products, services or causes they promote.
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a
business’s website, purchased its products or used its apps. Cookies also allow us to limit the
number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same
across the different devices that you use.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Fanoptic services, as well
as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses
that use the Fanoptic services.
page or use their apps so they can provide more relevant content and develop features that are
likely to be interesting to their customers.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when you’ve seen or interacted with
Fanoptic services’ content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For
instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on
third-party sites that integrate our social plugins.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly Fanoptic
services load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your
screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can
render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the Fanoptic service, analyze
which parts of the Fanoptic services people find most useful and engaging, and identify features
that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies,
when you use or visit:
The Fanoptic site; and
Services provided by other companies that use the Fanoptic site.
businesses that advertise on Fanoptic.
understand the effectiveness of their Fanoptic advertising campaigns and to compare the
performance of those campaigns to ads displayed on other websites and apps.
Date of Last Revision: January 8, 2017
Our mission is to give people the power to create their own sports world and share it with others.
Every day, people come to Fanoptic to share their sports stories, get the news and scores of the
sports they love, see sports through the eyes of others and connect with friends and find new
sports to enjoy. The conversations that happen on Fanoptic reflect the diversity of many sports
We want people to feel safe when using Fanoptic. For that reason, we've developed a set of
League Standards, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing
is allowed on Fanoptic, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Because of
the diversity of our sports community, please keep in mind that something that may be
disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our League Standards.
We remove content, disable accounts, and work with law enforcement when we believe there is a
genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety. Learn more about how Fanoptic
handles abusive content.
Direct Threats: How we help people who feel threatened by others on Fanoptic?
We carefully review reports of threatening language to identify serious threats of harm to public
and personal safety. We remove credible threats of physical harm to individuals. We also remove
specific threats of theft, vandalism, or other financial harm.
We may consider things like a person's physical location or public visibility in determining
whether a threat is credible. We may assume credibility of any threats to people living in violent
and unstable regions.
Self-Injury: How we work to help prevent self-injury and suicide.
We don’t allow the promotion of self-injury or suicide. We prohibit content that promotes or
encourages suicide or any other type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating
disorders. We don't consider body modification to be self-injury. We also remove any content
that identifies victims or survivors of self-injury or suicide and targets them for attack, either
seriously or humorously.
Dangerous Organizations: What types of organizations we prohibit on Fanoptic.
We don’t allow any organizations that are engaged in the following to have a presence on
Terrorist activity, or
Organized criminal activity.
We also remove content that expresses support for groups that are involved in the violent or
criminal behavior mentioned above. Supporting or praising leaders of those same organizations,
or condoning their violent activities, is not allowed.
Bullying and Harassment: How we respond to bullying and harassment.
We don’t tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow you to speak freely on matters and people of
public interest, but remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with
the intention of degrading or shaming them. This content includes, but is not limited to:
Pages that identify and shame private individuals,
Images altered to degrade private individuals,
Photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim,
Sharing personal information to blackmail or harass people, and
Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages.
We define private individuals as people who have neither gained news attention nor the interest
of the public, by way of their actions or public profession.
Attacks on Public Figures: What protection public figures receive on Fanoptic.
We permit open and critical discussion of people who are featured in the news or have a large
public audience based on their profession or chosen activities. We remove credible threats to
public figures, as well as hate speech directed at them – just as we do for private individuals.
Criminal Activity: How we handle reports of criminal activity on Fanoptic.
We prohibit the use of Fanoptic to facilitate or organize criminal activity that causes physical
harm to people, businesses or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses. We work
with law enforcement when we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats
to public safety. We also prohibit you from celebrating any crimes you’ve committed.
Sexual Violence and Exploitation: How we fight sexual violence and exploitation on
We remove content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation. This includes the
sexual exploitation of minors, and sexual assault. To protect victims and survivors, we also
remove photographs or videos depicting incidents of sexual violence and images shared in
revenge or without permissions from the people in the images.
Our definition of sexual exploitation includes solicitation of sexual material, any sexual content
involving minors, threats to share intimate images, and offers of sexual services. Where
appropriate, we refer this content to law enforcement. Offers of sexual services include
prostitution, escort services, sexual massages, and filmed sexual activity.
We prohibit any attempts by private individuals to purchase, sell, or trade prescription drugs,
marijuana, firearms or ammunition. If you post an offer to purchase or sell alcohol, tobacco, or
adult products, we expect you to comply with all applicable laws and carefully consider the
audience for that content.
People use Fanoptic to share their sports experiences and to raise debates about sports events that
are important to them. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours,
which we believe can lead to important conversations about sports topics. To help balance the
needs, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of
sensitive content or limit the audience that sees it.
People sometimes share content containing nudity for reasons like awareness campaigns or
artistic projects. We restrict the display of nudity because some audiences within our sports
community may be sensitive to this type of content - particularly because of their cultural
background or age. In order to treat people fairly and respond to reports quickly, it is essential
that we have policies in place that our league teams can apply uniformly and easily when
We remove photographs of people displaying genitals or focusing in on fully exposed buttocks.
We also restrict some images of female breasts if they include the nipple, but we always allow
photos of women actively engaged in breastfeeding or showing breasts with post-mastectomy
scarring. We also allow photographs of paintings, sculptures, and other art that depicts nude
figures. Restrictions on the display of both nudity and sexual activity also apply to digitally
created content unless the content is posted for educational, humorous, or satirical purposes.
Explicit images of sexual intercourse are prohibited. Descriptions of sexual acts that go into
vivid detail may also be removed.
Fanoptic removes hate speech, which includes content that directly attacks people based on
Sex, gender, or gender identity, or
Serious disabilities or diseases.
Organizations and people dedicated to promoting hatred against these protected groups are not
allowed a presence on Fanoptic. As with all of our standards, we rely on our community to report
this content to us.
Violence and Graphic Content
We remove graphic images when they are shared for sadistic pleasure or to celebrate or glorify
When people share anything on Fanoptic, we expect that they will share it responsibly, including
carefully choosing who will see that content. We also ask that people warn their audience about
what they are about to see if it includes graphic violence.
We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information. By
joining Fanoptic, you agree to use your authentic name and identity. You may not publish the
personal information of others without their consent.
Using Your Authentic Identity: How Fanoptic’s real name requirement creates a safer
People connect on Fanoptic using their authentic identities. When people stand behind their
opinions and actions with their authentic name and reputation, our community is more
accountable. If we discover that you have multiple personal profiles, we may ask you to close the
additional profiles. We also remove any profiles that impersonate other people.
If you want to create a presence on Fanoptic for your pet, organization, favorite movie, games
character, or another purpose, please create a page instead of a Fanoptic Profile. Pages can help
you conduct business, reach out to fans, or promote a cause you care about.
Fraud and Spam: How we protect you from fraud and spam.
We work hard to help ensure that the information you share is secure. We investigate any
suspected breach of security. Any attempt to compromise the security of a profile, including
fraud, may be referred to law enforcement. Using misleading or inaccurate information to
artificially collect likes, followers, or shares is not allowed. We also ask that you respect people
by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Accounts of Friends or Family Who Have Passed Away: How you can create a place to
remember lost loved ones on Fanoptic.
Fanoptic is a place where people come to share their stories and reminisce about friends and
family who have passed away. Once we receive proof of death, we secure and memorialize
accounts. We do this once we receive sufficient proof of death.
Immediate family members can also request that we remove and delete a loved one's profile.
Fanoptic is a place for you to share the things that are important to you. You own all of the
content and information you post on Fanoptic, and you can control how it is shared through your
privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on Fanoptic, please be sure
you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal
About Intellectual Property
Fanoptic is committed to helping people and organizations protect their intellectual property
Copyright is a legal right that seeks to protect original works of authorship (ex: books, music,
Generally, copyright protects original expression such as words or images. It does not protect
facts and ideas, although it may protect the original words or images used to describe an idea.
Copyright also doesn’t protect things like names, titles and slogans; however, another legal right
called a trademark might protect those.
A trademark is a word, slogan, symbol or design (ex: brand name, logo) that distinguishes the
products or services offered by one person, group or company from another. Generally,
trademark law seeks to prevent confusion among consumers about who provides or is affiliated
with a product or service.
Our sports community is growing every day and we strive to welcome people to an environment
free from abusive content. To do this, we rely on people like you. If you see something on
Fanoptic that you believe violates our terms, please report it to us. We have dedicated teams
working around the world to review things you report to help make sure Fanoptic remains safe.
Governments also sometimes ask us to remove content that violates local laws, but does not
violate our League Standards. If after careful legal review, we find that the content is illegal
under local law, then we may make it unavailable only in the relevant country or territory.
Please keep the following in mind:
We may take action any time something violates the League Standards outlined here.
Reporting something doesn't guarantee that it will be removed because it may not violate our
Our content reviewers will look to you for information about why a post may violate our
policies. If you report content, please tell us why the content should be removed (e.g., is it nudity
or hate speech?) so that we can send it to the right person for review.
Our review decisions may occasionally change after receiving additional context about specific
posts or after seeing new, violating content appearing on a page or profile.
The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove
content simply because it has been reported a number of times.
The consequences for violating our League Standards vary depending on the severity of the
violation and the person's history on Fanoptic. For instance, we may warn someone for a first
violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person's ability to post on
Fanoptic or ban the person from Faneoptic.
Not all disagreeable or disturbing content violates our League Standards. For this reason, we
offer you the ability to customize and control what you see by unfollowing, blocking, and hiding
the posts, people, pages, and applications you don’t want to see – and we encourage you to use
these controls to better personalize your experience. People also often resolve issues they have
about a piece of content by simply reaching out to the person who posted it. We’ve created tools
for you to communicate directly with other people when you’re unhappy with posts, photos, or
other content you see on Fanoptic.
If you see something on Fanoptic that you don't like, but it doesn't violate our terms, you can u
send a message to the person who posted it asking them to take it down. For example, let's say
someone posts a photo of you that you find embarrassing. In most cases, people will take things
off Fanoptic if a friend asks them to.
In certain cases (ex: bullying or harassment) you may not feel comfortable reaching out to the
person directly. In these cases, you can use the report flow to reach out to a parent, teacher or
trusted friend. You'll have the option to share the content (ex: photo, message) that's making you
uncomfortable with someone you trust. You'll also have the option to block the person.